There are many baseless assertions regarding Quality Management Systems currently in circulation. Be sure not to fall for these:
- QMS requires excessive documentation and paperwork.
- Doesn’t add value but need one because customers want you to have one.
- QMSs’ area a net cost to the organization.
- A QMS doesn’t allow your organization to be flexible and innovative.
- QMS certification is not required; therefore, it is not needed.
- QMS doesn’t help my business, it distracts the organization from core activities.
- Management systems are a fad.
- Management systems do not guarantee product quality.
- My customer is already inspecting and auditing my products, therefore I don’t have to implement a QMS and get certified.
- Other certifications (FDA, UL, GLP, GMP) are a valid substitute for implementing a QMS.
If you have any questions regarding your current Quality Management System, feel free to give us a call for a consultation.
The CMA Team